What is Amazon A+ content?
There are several different ways to create your brand page on Amazon: regular and advanced. The A+ content belongs to the second way. It allows to improve the product description of brand owners in the listing and to tell the story of their brand with comparison charts of competitors, high quality images and HD videos.
Thus, A+ content is a premium content feature that allows sellers to change the product description of their branded ASINs with rich texts, videos, and images. It can help to improve the user experience, which leads to high conversions and huge traffic to listings
Amazon says that A+ content helps increase the overall sales of a product by 3 – 10% on average.
It's hard to believe that multimedia content can increase sales, but MediaMind conducted its own research. The source analyzed 24,000 different sites that experienced about 12 billion demonstrations in July and December, and found that multimedia content helped increase the number of impressions by 3 times.
How to Create Amazon A+ Content
- Select A+ Content from the Advertising menu on the Seller Central homepage.
- To add content, click Start creating A+ content and choose the content type you want to create.
- Populate the text and image slots. While you are adding content, you can click Preview at any time to see what your content will look like in both Desktop and Mobile versions.
- Apply ASINs to the content in the ASIN management section. Select the ASINs that you want to apply to the content and click Apply.
- Click Review & Submit to review the final draft of your content, including the applied ASINs, and click Submit for approval to send the content for validation and approval.
What to Know About Amazon A+ Content Pages
- A+ content doesn’t do anything with your page ranking as A+ content is not indexed on Amazon.
- You will have to pay more for creating an A+ enhanced content for items, which are already listed by other vendors.
- With the recent update, Amazon A+ content manager will allow you to see a preview of both your desktop and mobile version on the same screen.
- Once the page goes live, any change or modification is allowed only in the first 2 business days of publishing.
- You should submit your A+ content within 1 month after confirming your purchase to qualify for the promotion.
- You are not allowed to mention your competitors or the products that they sell on your pages.
- The content that you submit (both text and images) should be unique.
- Amazon has all the rights to take down your A+ page any time. But most of the time, happens only when a vendor chooses to close his or her account, fails to fulfill the orders on time, or violates the Amazon’s terms & conditions.
How Much Does It Cost?
As of now, A+ content is available at free of cost for sellers and vendors. However, some vendors can pay extra for a premium version which is only available through an invitation from a vendor manager.
Amazon Video: Getting started with A+ Enhanced Marketing Content
Tips for A+ pages
- Avoid using special characters or symbols like ® or ™
- Check the module’s requirements for things like image sizing and resolution.
- Proofread for typos or grammatical errors — these kinds of mistakes can get your application rejected. And if the mistakes slip by, remember that you’ve only got two business days after the page has gone live to make changes.
- Consider using a banner for a better user experience.
- Comparison charts are a great way to highlight different features across similar products.
- Skew more towards visual and a bit away from text.
Undoubtedly, creating A+ content for your product lists is one of the ideal ways to attract more customer attention and increase sales. This is, in fact, the perfect way to differentiate yourself from your competitors and attract more customers. All that is required is the right knowledge and skills.